Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Collar, More Pleats, Redoing- Burda 7255

So the instructions for the whole collar area of Burda 7255 aren't very clear. AND there aren't very many pictures on Burda patterns, big problem for me because I need the pictures. Oh how I need the pictures. I've only completed a few sections of the instructions since my last post because I've had a heck of a time figuring out how the collar on this blouse works. I even took out a collared shirt of my husbands' to get some perspective. The back facing of the collar is attached at the edges of the two front pieces of the blouse, not the shoulder seams like I thought. So I had to rip those seams and resew. Also, the collar is apparently only half the length I thought, something I think the pattern failed to specify, I'd have to check.

Anywho, I had to iron interfacing to the back facing pieces:
I think I got the piece too wet because it took a long time to dry. On the upside, the interfacing is firmly attached.
Here's me attaching the back facing to the incorret side of the front piece :p
I used a zigzag stitch on this part as well as some of the other seams of the blouse. I like to think of the zigzag stitch as the poor man's answer to a serger, it strengths the garment and helps fraying.

There were some more pleats at the bottom of the front pieces:
two little ones on each side

Not pictured is the interfacing being attached to the collar, my bad.
Here are the collar seams being sewed:
Three of the seams are nice and neat and turned inward. The last one just has to be sewed with the seams and fraying bits hanging out. Zigzag stitch it!

And finally the collar attached:
The top edge is the nasty bits edge. You can see the inverted pleat just south of the collar.

I think I'm going to like this blouse. Now am I going to like it on me? That is the question. I draped it over myself yesterday, and yep, its big. We'll see what its like the farther I get. I may need to tailor the garment a bit. 

That's all I have for today, happy sewing!





No comments:

Post a Comment