Sunday, October 27, 2013

Collar Confusion and an Outfit Post

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been busy preparing for our new puppy! I'm sure he'll show up in a few posts, probably sleeping while I sew. Remember how I said that I finally got the collar on Burda 7255 attached. Hahahaha. Not even close (then). I think I've finally got it on now. Suffice to say I'm not in love with Burda's instructions. 

It turns out you have to turn back the facing on both sides of the buttonhole area. The interfaced side and the non-interfaced side:
interfaced side

This is sewed onto the back interfacing of the collar. You can see that in the picture in the lower right corner. 
bigger view of the same thing

Then I had to iron the heck out of this area while trying not to wrinkle the collar. Not an easy task.

Until finally:

I'm saving the ta-da until I'm sure this actually works. I've ripped seams so much I'm crossing my fingers the interfacing on the collar holds up. I know, I know, I should make mock-ups. Maybe for Christmas I'll ask for a bolt of muslin! But seriously, this pattern makes me think I'll be making some mock-ups from now on, especially if I have to use any expensive fabrics!

To my next order of business...remember the blue taffeta skirt I posted about? I finally got to wear it! We had tickets to the symphony last night.
a bit blurry, but you get the idea
circle skirt: made by me
unseen petticoat: Modcloth
Victorian-esque blouse: H&M
not pictured patent leather pumps: JcPenneys

It was fun to wear this skirt complete with petticoat. I even curled my hair, not in any vintage style persay. We were running behind on time. Maybe it would be sort-of 40s ish if I'd combed it out.

That's all I have for now,
Wear a petticoat! Its fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment