Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Finally, I'm back!

Hello all,

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth! We just finished moving out-of-state. We're still unpacking. I have yet to find my sewing machine (although I've managed to track done a lot of my fabric!). Suffice to say I haven't done much sewing. But that isn't to say I've been totally absent from the vintage fashion world!

Before we moved I managed to visit Endless Indulgence,  a retro clothing shop in Utah. The shop is located in old town Ogden. They don't sell actual vintage pieces, but reproduction brands like Bettie Page. Unfortunately I went right before they got their spring line in, so the selection wasn't what I would have wanted. But I still managed to walk away with this beauty from Pinup Couture:

 
(image courtesy of pinupgirlclothing,com)

I'm still waiting for the weather to warm up for I can wear this.

Although I have yet to unpack my sewing machine, I have been thinking about what I'll sew next. Drumroll please...


Butterick 5152

I've been heming and hawing over this one for quite some time. I really wanted to make this one out of velvet, but velvet is kinda spendy, that and this pattern uses almost seven yards! Ouch. So I finally decided to just make it out of a tartan flannel. Glamourous? Not really. But still pretty in a Scottish, Professor McGonagall sort of way. So far I haven't decided between view A or B. View B is tempting, but will it be too hot for the summer?

Well that's all I have for today, maybe I'll track down my sewing machine. Or maybe I'll take a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment